Easy Iced Tea



This is actually a request from my friend Eleni. We were at Starbucks the other day and contemplated about iced tea and how GREAT it is on a hot summer's day (which happens everyday from June til September here in Greece). I don't use sugar in any of my drinks, but please add accordingly to your taste. Or use honey, or agave syrup or stevia if you want to. Also, if you are using pureed peaches/berries (blitz it in a processor, and then put it through a sieve if you want it smoother), you may want to add less sugar. 

Serve it with lots and lots of ice!



Ingredients: (makes a jugful for about 3-4 glasses)

3 tea bags of black tea (I use English Afternoon Tea here, but add one more bag if its English Breakfast Tea)
Juice from 1 lemon (or orange/grapefruit or pureed fruits like peaches or berries)
Sugar or sweetener of your choice, according to taste.
1 litre of hot water
500ml of cold water
Ice

Preparation:

  1. In a pot, add the teabags and steep them in the hot water for 5 minutes. Keep them any longer and the tea will taste bitter. 
  2. Remove the bags, and add your sugar or sweetener. Mix, and let cool.
  3. Add the lemon juice (or other citrus fruits or the fruit puree) into the cold water. Refrigerate so it stays cool.
  4. Once the tea mixture has sufficiently cooled, add the 2 mixes together, stir. Add ice, and serve!

Peach Iced Tea made with peach puree


1 comments:

  1. Ta! (for thank you :) and since I remembered my uni years I should be staying true to my Welshness "Diolch!!!"

    ReplyDelete

 

Popular Posts